Crossgrading Fedora 11 from i686 to x86_64

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Fri Oct 2 05:26:58 UTC 2009

I've been using the i686 version of Fedora on my laptop for 2.5 years,
and I recently learned it actually has an x86_64 processor, so I am
crossgrading to x86_64; I feel confident in my ability to solve any
problems that arise.  While I imagine crossgrading per se is not
supported, I've hit a number of individual issues that would probably be
reasonable to fix anyway, chief among them RPM requirements that should
be architecture-specific using the method described at:

http://www.rpm.org/wiki/PackagerDocs/ArchDependencies

Would it be reasonable for me to file all of these as individual bugs?
Would it be helpful to have a tracker bug for crossgrading?

--
Matt