No hope installing Fedora 11 on Acer Aspire 5739

Ambrogio fn050202 at interfree.it
Fri Oct 2 05:35:39 UTC 2009

Il giorno gio, 01/10/2009 alle 14.19 -0700, Craig White ha scritto:
> I think life would be much simpler if you install again - letting the
> software choose the installation items and not doing a minimal install.
Why do you think that a second install will go better than the first?
Why are talking about Linux, not other O.S. ;-)

> but to answer you question...get a terminal as root and type 'setup' and
> configure networking.
hmmmm
and what about a simple
 ifconfig eth0 bla bla bla?

ping bla bla bla is ok, but pinging everything else is not reachable.

To respond to myself:
I downloaded all kernel updated and all related things to update the
kernel (I thought a newer kernel was better ma no chance to have the LAN
working).
I update with rpm -i the kernel and related package

I made the CD a valid repo for yum and I installed all KDE groups

I configured X with
 Xorg -configure

After KDE started, I was able to configure the wifi, that is working
better than the LAN, and I made a yum update

Now there will be a weekend of works, so I will try to complete the
nvidia configuration on Sunday or Monday.

Stay tuned ;-)

Bye
 Ambrogio