fribidi error with abiword on F11

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 12:53:55 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 10/1/09, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: fribidi error with abiword on F11
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 2:35 AM
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:47:43 -0700
> (PDT), Globe wrote:
>
> > > /usr/local/lib/libfribidi.so.0 (0x00502000)
>
> > $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > /usr/local/lib
> >

> > Clearly some setting somewhere which got set: wonder
> where.It happened after a installing the printer and the
> associated hp* rpms, btw.
> >

> What hp* rpms in particular? And it doesn't explain why you
> installed
> an incompatible fribidi lib into /usr/local. If you don't
> need that
> library for anything else, you could simply delete any
> traces of it
> below /usr/local

Thanks very much! The fribidi was from an old installation from the ancient days over two years ago when I hadn-installed and used fvwm. I got rid of them and things work. It still does not explain why installing the hp* rpms (hpic, hplip, hpijs, hping3 and dependencies) made this problem show up. I also installed the .ppd for my JetDirect printer by hand since it would not show up otherwise as a network discovered printer.

Best wishes,