T61 mute button (was Re: T61 no sound with Fedora 11)

Adam D. Ligas adam at physco.com
Fri Oct 2 19:39:42 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 10:19 AM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> In fact, on my T61, the mute button is non-functional.  I've discovered
> that turning the volume all the way down turns on the mute indicator in
> GNOME, but it would be nice if the mute button actually toggled mute the
> way it's designed to.
>
> I'd like to file this as a bug, but I'm not sure what component to file
> it against.  Suggestions welcome.
>
> TIA.

Interesting - my T61 has a functioning mute button.

I think you need to update your BIOS.  I got this from the Lenovo
ChangLog for the T61 BIOS.

- (Fix) (ThinkPad T61/T61p only) Volume and mute buttons on the
keyboard do not work on Linux.

That was in version 1.26-1.06.  They're much beyond that now.

- Adam