[Bulk] Installing Windows afterFedora

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Oct 3 18:04:45 UTC 2009

Fabio Jara wrote:
> I have the same issue about windows, recently the university that i work
> have buy a package of windows 7 and before that they have the windows
> Vista and XP.
>
> The internal system that they use here to manage all the database of
> students work only on windows, so i put some effort into Virtual machine
> work, and find out that it was the best solution to this issue, you can
> install any windows ( at least in Fedora 11 i have tested ) and it
> works, you have your own linux machine, you do not need to change to an
> OS that you aren't used at.
>
> Today, i have my Notebook HP with Fedora 11, and two Virtual Machines on
> it, one with Windows XP and the other with Windows 7. An they work
> perfectly, and the best side of it is that i have my Fedora :D ( yes,
> i'm in love with Fedora ).
>
> Hope my advice enlighten you to the good side of the force ( yes, that too )

I probably should have included in my first post that this will be to test some
video cards which are not supported, or poorly supported, in Linux. I have
doubts about doing this from a VM, timing and real mode issues could be present,
and passing PCI cards to a VM while ignoring them in Linux is high voodoo.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>