Viewing answers to one's nntp posts in Thunderbird

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 6 01:04:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 08:14 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> However, it seems to me that the "problem" is...there may be a thread
> started by one person (not you) and you reply to one post within that
> thread and wish only to see messages related to your post within the
> thread.  If that is it, then no there is no concept of "sub-treading".
>
> Frankly, there is simple solution to the "problem".

I've seen clients that could do that sort of thing fairly easily
(probable Forte Inc's Agent, or it might have been Thule's Thor), there
was a setting to automatically watch any replies to your own messages,
then you'd read the "watched" messages.  You could watch any thread by
hitting the W key on top of it, then it and all its children would be
marked to be watched.

I dunno about doing it with Thunderbird, though.  I found it an
appallingly crap usenet client.  I'd be looking for other solutions.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.