Web Accessible User Directories

Manish Kathuria mkathuria at tuxtechnologies.co.in
Tue Oct 6 18:18:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

Is there any way to make the user home directories on a Linux system
accessible through a  password protected web interface ?  I am looking for
ways to make users access the data lying in their respective directories
through a web browser. A simple option is to run a ftp server and use the
FTP protocol through a web browser, which however, is the last choice.

Alternatively, is there any application which can authenticate users and
make their designated directories (which may or may not be under home
directories) accessible through a web interface ?

I would appreciate some suggestions or pointers.

Thanks,
--
Manish