Update failure

sandeep Patel leosandeep08 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 06:27:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Adam Hough <adam at gradientzero.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Fabio Jara <ronintekorei at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Patel

>> recently

>> metadata"
>> you

>> "yum
>> *reasoned*

>> package.
>> so
>> why

>> > That would indicate a bug in "yum clean metadata". If this happens again
>> > you should report it.
>> >
>> > In any case the sequence "yum clean metadata" and only if that doesn't
>> > work then "yum clean all" is perfectly reasonable.

>> package
>> >
>> > I don't see the relevance of this last comment. If the package
>> > dependencies haven't been updated in a mirror, neither "clean all" nor
>> > "clean metadata" is going to fix the problem.
>>
>> This last comment was just for some people to notice that sometimes the
>> error seems to be the same if the dependencies aren't ready yet, but
>> these errors are not the same.
>>

>> > poc
>> >

>> My best regards.
>>

> So I had a similar issue for the pst week on my desktop machine.  At some
> point updates did not get applied right. Either I accidentally rebooted the
> system while updating or something else messed up.  I could not update
> several of the packages that claimed they were missing files or
> prerequisites.  If you run " rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest" and you see
> "Unsatisfied dependencies" error messages, then you might have the same
> issue I had.
>
> Now if that is the case you will need to re-download and reinstall the
> software and you might have to force the re-install of those packages.  Now
> you should just have to re-download the dependancies of the packages you
> need to get everything updated to the current level.
>

> --

Hello
         After doing 'yum clean all' and yum clean metedata'.there is error
in update..
I am not able to update my system........The error is as follows:

[root at dcis ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B
00:00
adobe-linux-i386/primary                                 |  12 kB
00:00
adobe-linux-i386
17/17
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
fedora. Please verify its path and try again

Please suggest me.........what shall I do?

fedora-list mailing list
> fedora-list at redhat.com
> Guidelines:

Sandeep Kumar Patel