imac9, 1 GeForce 9400 loads x86_64 live cd, but GeForce GT 130 results in a black screen.

Ambrogio fn050202 at interfree.it
Wed Oct 7 18:25:46 UTC 2009

Il giorno mer, 07/10/2009 alle 07.50 -0700, Justin P. Mattock ha
scritto:
> As of now the system that I have working is
> clfs(pure64) never had resolution problems because
> after the initial boot, I put nvidia's latest module on.
> I can try fedora to see if it boots up
> (having GeForce 9400 is definantly more
> supported as opposed to 130)
>
> ill try:
> fedora11
Fedora 11 is not installable on my laptop (Aces Aspire 5739).
I have also network problems on boot so eth0 is not working, and I had
wifi working only from Network Manager on kde.

I obtained a working vesa X interface and KDE using USB key and CDRom as
yum repository. I also installed the nvidia driver but no resolutions
for the widescreen.

Now I have a no more working machine, but I think to restart te
installation party from scratch.
If you can try fedora 11 on GT 130M I will be happy to know if it's
working on your machine.

Bye
 Ambrogio