Skype & other application

Brian Mury brianmury at alumni.uvic.ca
Wed Oct 7 21:47:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 14:29, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Skype is working fine on my two boxes....I note only that if I am
> playing music by Rhythmbox and a contact comes in or goes out music is
> interrupted and doesn't resume on one of my boxes (even if I make a
> call)

Edit ~/.pulse/default.pa to change this line:

load-module module-cork-music-on-phone

to:

# load-module module-cork-music-on-phone

If the file doesn't exist, copy it from /etc/pulse/default.pa, or just
edit /etc/pulse/default.pa to make the change for all users.

You may need to restart pulseaudio for this to take effect - I'm not sure.

This may not be necessary once we get a new version of Skype comes out
that distinguishes between voice and other sounds.