intel integrated graphics

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Oct 11 22:12:54 UTC 2009

On 10/11/2009 02:30 PM, jenny chapman wrote:
> Hi I have an intel chipset G31/946Z with graphics (GMA 3100).  I have
> just installed fedora 11 but am not able to change the screen resolution
> so assume I may need additional drivers.  New to linux.  Advice much
> appreciated.

This has been discussed.  Apparently there is a problem
with Intel Graphics Chip coding for X11(?) which is said to
be in a major rewrite, if I recall correctly.

For the time being, the only solution to get around this
is to add: nomodeset to end of the kernel line in grub,
and as for the fix, who knows if this fix will be added to
F11 or will only appear in the next major release be it
F12 or later.  Maybe others can chime in provide the
exact details, as I could be wrong.

FWIW,
Dan