Any way to download Silverlight videos?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 22:20:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The RAI (Italian public TV) web site has full shows available to view
>> via streaming.
>>
>> To my displeasure, they force users to install Microsoft Silverlight
>>
>> See
>> http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-cdce36e2-9c9b-460d-8a93-518482ea488f.html
>>
>> They do user-agent sniffing and when they detect Linux, they tell
>> users to install Moonlight.
>>
>> I悲 rather NOT have the Microsoft clone installed on my system.
>>
>> Is there any easy way to sniff the video URL for later download using
>> wget and further conversion using FFMPEG?
>>
>> FC
>> --
>> Dream of the Daily Mail
>> It is the Holy Grail
>> And then the BBC
>> Your life would be complete
>>
>> -Manic Street Preachers, "Royal Correspondent"
>>
>> --
>>

> You can change the user agent in firefox using *User Agent Switcher*

Thanks but you misunderstood my point. The page senses it´s Linux and
points towards the right plug-in, Mono´s Moonlight, the Silverlight
clone for Linux.

Point is: I don´t have Mono in my system nor I want it or any plug-in.
I´d just want to grab the video URL and  download it.

I suspect just like Flash players use FLV files for video, Silverlight
might use some specific video format (wmv?).

Best
FC