Fedora 11 and MAC external drive

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Tue Oct 13 04:20:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 20:49 -0700, Mick M. wrote:
> Hello list;
>  I have a friend that has a Mac laptop.
> We want to share an external USB drive.
> How should I format the drive?
> He says that Snow Leopard 10.5 cannot R/W NTFS.
> I tried searching the web with no luck.
> I know nothing about Apple products.
> thanks
>  Mick M.
> Standard guarantee applies - 30 feet or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.

If I am not mistaken you can format it Fat 32.. but remember that you
will not be able to put files on it over 4GB (i think.. maybe a little
over 4GB).

Can macs read any linux filesystems like ext2/3/4? You can always
experiment by creating a small partition on the USB drive and formatting
it with different filesystems and then plugging it into the mac and
attempting to read/write to it.

Good luck!