Fedora 11: Very very slow graphics rendering

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 13 06:13:44 UTC 2009

On 10/13/2009 04:14 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Jwalant Natvarlal Soneji wrote:
>
>> Problem: Fedora 11 is very very slow while it comes to rendering
>> graphics. It makes the experience really very poor. Clicking on any
>> menu or opening of any item is dead slow. And then I will have to wait
>> and see each and every part of its message boxes, screens, buttons
>>
>> PC Configuration:
>> Athlon AMD 1500+ (1.3 GHz)
>> RAM: 1GB
>> Swap size: 1 GB
>> / partition size: 12GB
>>
>> Note: Fedora 10 was working great!
>>

> If you are having graphics rendering problems, don't you think it would
> be a good idea to tell folks what graphics card you are using and what
> driver?

I doubt it's Fedora, more likely it's the graphics card or more so the
driver.
I had difficulties with S3 cards for years, couldn't get drivers that
did good 3D.
My graphics problems disappeared when I changed to Geforce graphics
cards about 6 years ago.
F11 with Blender runs at a blistering pace.
System monitor shows that F11 even with Blender 3D graphics and youtube
video running doesn't use any swap.
I would suggest also 2 gig memory if you can.
Roger