Swing applications' menu have no border

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Oct 13 09:16:40 UTC 2009

On 11Oct2009 20:27, Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem at gmail.com> wrote:
| Swing applications' menus have no border when Clearlook theme is
| selected in both fedora 10 and f11, however when nodoka theme is
| selected, the menus are well displayed.
|
| currently i have fedora 11 with the last updates which include:
|
| java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-29.b16.fc11
|
| gtk2-engines-2.18.2-1.fc11.i586
|
| is this a bug ?

I can't speak for the themes you're using, but menus in most apps and
also Java Swing apps are marked as what X11 calls "transient windows".
Traditionally these are not adorned by the window manager, so the
"Clearlook" theme is probably a more "normal" theme.

Do other non-java apps' meus get borders in Clearlook?

I would guess that the two themes simply take different decoration
approaches to these windows. Choose the one you like more, or see if
there are options to tune this.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

There's two kinds of climbers...smart ones, and dead ones.      - Don Whillans