Network Manager doesn't play nice

brian fedora at logi.ca
Tue Oct 13 15:16:45 UTC 2009

Yesterday, I enabled NM to see if it would help with an issue I was
trying to sort out. Today, upon booting, I found that NM had overwritten
my resolv.conf. No backup; it simply replaced the old one, which
happened to have about half a dozen nameservers listed (some commented
out) with one that has no nameservers listed.

Now, I had the file backed up anyway but I don't see any warning in the
docs that it does this. Is it just me, or is this rather shoddy
behaviour on NM's part?