F11: Spooky network manager

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:26:16 UTC 2009

Craig White-6 wrote:

> 2. Aaron is giving you nothing of usefulness. A laptop should use
> NetworkManager for connecting to wireless networks...that's one of the
> things that it is designed to do.

Although I have not used the network service for a year or two now (except
for wired connections) I used to find getting a WPA encrypted wireless
connection using the network service was something of a game of hide and
seek - and NetworkManager makes WPA wireless easy.  If you do manage to get
a wireless WPA connection going using the network service instead I would be
most interested to know how you do it.