CPU temperature Thinkpad R61

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:11:29 UTC 2009

On 10/16/2009 07:48 AM, Tim wrote:
> You have a fan-cooled backlight?
>
> Some laptops need the lid left open while running, as their lid blocks
> the airflow.  Some of those laptops deliberately make the fan run when
> the lid's shut, others of them leave it up to you to do something about
> it.

No, it's just that the backlight is at the bottom of the screen and the
CPU and its cooling air intakes are at the top of the keyboard.
When the lid is closed, the air intake ports suck in the air pre-warmed
by the backlight. Obviously, the designers didn't imagine that a
software bug would prevent backlight from working.

As I mentioned, when the backlight turns off by the BIOS, laptop gets
quite cool.