How do you display cpu temperature?

Aioanei Rares schaiba at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:14:36 UTC 2009

> On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 20:04 +0300, Aioanei Rares wrote:

>>> There is a nice system information plasmoid that shows
>>> this, fan speed, etc.
>>>

>> First of all, maybe he's not usin KDE. Second , if the kernel doesn't
>> know how to read temp data from hardware, how do you suppose that this
>> wonder plasmoid will? Think about it. ;)
>>
> If he hasn't run sensors-detect, the magic file will not be there, as
> several people have noted.
>
> Unfortunately the question is phrased as one of displaying the
> tmeperature, not of getting the sensors to work, so some people (myself
> included) answered that part and ignored the other and more important
> part.
>
> poc

How' bout this : most PC motherboards have a sensors menu in the BIOS,
which displays temperature, CPU fan rpm, etc, etc. I suggests the OP
looks in the BIOS and tells us if there are temperature readings in the
BIOS menu plus the exact type of motherboard he has so we can help him
enable ACPI or whatever.