How do you display cpu temperature?

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:34:09 UTC 2009

2009/10/16 Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>:
> On my F11 laptop one can cat:
> /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature
> and the cpu temperature is displayed.
>
> On my desktop running F11 there is no file like that. So:
> 1. How do I display cpu temperature on my desktop?
> 2. Could this be because my desktop has a dual core cpu?

I would suggest to look into conky, although it does a lot more than
just monitor your hardware. To get an idea about what it can do, try
looking here.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865&highlight=conky
You might want to look into this particular post. ;)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8106123&postcount=9832

To install just,
$ yum install conky

Hopefully this wasn't too much out of the line.
--
Suvayu