How to check cpu temperature?

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Oct 16 20:19:33 UTC 2009

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On my F11 laprop there is a file:
> /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature
> whwen cat-ed displays the temperature of thwe cpu.
>
> However there is not such file on my desktop running F11.
>
> Two questions:
> 1. How can I display the cpu temperature on the desktop cpu?
> 2. Is is it maybe because my desktop has a dual core cpu?

This is normally caused by a BIOS that does not support the ACPI CPU
temperature output. You may be able to get the temperature by
configuring lmsensors.

With a Dual core CPU, you should get 2 different temperature
displays - one for each core. But to get them under thermal_zone, it
has to be supported by the BIOS.

Mikkel