qemu (with kqemu) show an error about an _invalid option_

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Fri Oct 16 21:34:25 UTC 2009

On 09-10-16 15:31:46, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When i try to run
>
> qemu -kernel-kqemu
>
> or
>
> qemu -no-kqemu
>

> i get error about an  _invalid option_
>
> i think that the fedora 11 qemu packages are build without support
> for kqemu ( which has been installed from rpm-fusion repos)
>
> i have noticed that by the degradation of performance of VMs from
> virt-manager.  how i can fix that ?

Someone believes that QEMU no longer benefits from kqemu.  Also, kqemu
is incompatible with kvm.

You will need to rebuild qemu with kqemu enabled.  Attached are two
patches:  one to be placed in rpmbuild/SOURCES, and the other to serve
as a guide to altering the qemu.spec file (please don't use my
initials when you set the version).  Use `rpmbuild --recompile -bp
qemu-*.src.rpm` to unpack the files (you can interrupt the build with
Ctl-C once you see that %prep has been started), and after altering the
spec file, `rpmbuild -ba qemu.spec` to build with the altered spec
file.