CPU temperature Thinkpad R61

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sat Oct 17 16:50:43 UTC 2009

Today I used a compressor to clean up my cooler. That did not help alot.
(There wasn't much dust inside). My cpu temp still goes up from 40° to
47° in ~ 2 minutes which causes the fan to start.

Since the cpu has basically nothing to do and the cooler is clean, I am
wondering if this could be some gfx related issue. Is there some known
GPU load on a GM965/GL960 intel chip with KMS being enabled?
Or may this be related to my (ageing) battery being plugged in?

regards

Christoph