[Fedora] Re: File conversion

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Oct 18 07:22:18 UTC 2009

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Well...that begs the question as to what you are experiencing when
> trying to do a conversion?   Meaning, what command are you using and
> what results are you getting?
>
> Seeing as you've compiled your own...that may explain why you don't get
> the man page.  Maybe it isn't in a place where man is looking?

    There's no manpage with the source code.  It comes with .texi files
and a perl script to create pod files.  Had to do some digging to find
that part ...

> It would seem that some people have had success....
>
> http://goinggnu.wordpress.com/2007/02/13/convert-avi-to-3gp-using-ffmpeg/

    Yeah, I saw that.  They're using xvid ... not what I'm going to do,
so installing xvid is pointless.  I need it to go from .3gp to .mov or
.mp4 files.  Looking at ffmpeg -formats I can both encode and decode for
both .mov and .mp4 formats.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  IT Director / SysAdmin                        .     800.441.3873 x130