Upgrade to2.6.27.37-170.2.104.fc10.i686.PAE Can I get kmod-nvidia to go with it?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Oct 18 13:59:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 20:42 -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> On 10/17/2009 07:32 PM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> > I upgraded the kernel. What's the process to get the corresponding matching
> > nvidia driver?
>
> Depending on where you got your *last* nvidia driver from (either
> rpmfusion or atrpms), you should just have to do a "yum update".
> Remember to enable the appropriate repo if you normally disable it
> though....
>
> If you are building it yourself, you'll have to rebuild it again....

Sometimes rpmfusion takes a bit of time to get the updated modules
posted.  If you install the akmod-nvidia RPM, the module will be rebuilt
automatically on booting a new kernel.  The regular package will be
updated when it appears.  atrpms are set up to do something similar.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu