[SOLVED] Festival Speech Synthesis to audio file (ogg, mp3 , wav ,)

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Fri Oct 23 16:19:24 UTC 2009

Jatin K wrote:
> On 10/22/2009 09:39 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>> Jatin K wrote:
>>

>>> festival --tts mytextfile.txt  | what to pipe ??????
>>>
>> Just a wild guess, maybe...
>>
>> festival --tts mytextfile.txt  | text2wave
>>
>> This is the sort of useful information I would like to
>> know, too!
>>
>> Didn't text2wave file.txt -o audio.wav work?
>>

>> Another idea, could one simply use
>>
>> festival --tts mytextfile.txt>  audio.wav ???
>>
>> The audio from festival is being output to what I
>> suppose must be the standard output for audio, so you
>> should be able to simply redirect it to a file, n'est-
>> ce pas? I don't know what format it would be in, but my
>> guess is wav.
>>

> I have used text2wave  it works fine
>
>  text2wave Mytxt.txt -o MyWav.wav

Yes, as you've found out, festival itself does not have an option to
send the output to a file, just to the audio hardware.  text2wave does
have the capacity to send the output to a file via the "-o" option.

Of course, it'd be awful nice if there was a ruddy manpage for
text2wave.
-   The light at the end of the tunnel is really an oncoming train.  -