How to check cpu temperature?

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Oct 23 23:10:53 UTC 2009

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 18:02 -0500, Mikkel wrote:
>> Did sensor-detect detect anything? Did you let it try all the
>> different buses it asked about? I have run into sensors that are
>> "attached" to the ISA bus, even though the motherboard does not have
>> any ISA slots. (Built in serial/parallel ports are usually ISA.) You
>> may also find that the same sensor is used by sensors and acpi.
>>
>> Mikkel
> sensors-detect did not dedect any sensor that would monitor a hardware
> component of any kind. But clearly a temperature sensor was detected b
> the kernel on the laptop,
Let me try again - did sensors-detect detect any buses? if so, did
it identify anything on those buses?

As far as the laptop goes, it is more a matter of ACPI reporting a
temperature output available then the kernel detecting a temperature
sensor. The kernel has no idea of what the actual sensor is, just
how to get a return value, properly scaled.

Mikkel