New scanner/printer combo

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:55:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 00:02 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> The other 3 choices were Lexmark (over my dead body) HP but the ink
> colors suck, cannon (no reason, just general principles) and all the
> 500 USD color laser stuff.  If in fact there actually is scanner
> support from linux in any of these MultiFunctionDevices, I would be
> rather pleasantly surprised.

My HP C5180 works perfectly both for scanning and printing, plus I have
it network-connected so other people can also use it. It installed
trivially with hplip. I have no problem with the print quality but I'm
not doing photo work. I would probably go for another HP next time,
despite the horrendous cost of the ink cartridges.

poc