New scanner/printer combo

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Oct 25 02:28:45 UTC 2009

Louis Lagendijk wrote:

>>> and this is the strange part: why does it not show the scanner? What
>>> does lsusb return? Does the scanner work under Windows? Not that it
>>> matters much as the scanner seems not supported by Sane right now. But
>>> maybe this is just a matter of adding the usb id....
>>>
>>> Louis
>>>
>> The scanner does show in an lsusb -v, but not without the -v, here is a
>> snippet:

[__snippet snipped__]

>> Thanks.
>
> I suggest to keep an eye on http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/
> these guys make some linux drivers for Epson devices (they are in some
> way related to Epson). I see that they already have Imagescan for the
> NX415 (actually Image Scan! for Linux & Photo Image Print System Lite)
> Click on the download for "all in ones", select the NX415 and of you
> go.....

And that's what I had to do, I have a CX7400, I installed the avasys package for
FC6 (when that was current) and used iscan as the program, since it will do what
I want and give me a PPM image I can modify as needed, using the netpbm package
tools and some I wrote using their libraries.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>