Fedora 10 auto mounting

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Oct 26 00:18:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 16:57:59 -0700
suvayu ali wrote:

> If you intend to poke around with HAL, you might want to also look
> into Device-Kit ( I maybe wrong about the name, but its something
> similar) as this is going to replace HAL F-12 onwards.

Yep, before F12 I keep my usb backup drive from showing up in gnome
sessions via:

/etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-stop-hal-stop.fdi

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="volume.label" string="BACKUP">
       <merge key="volume.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

For F12 and beyond (until they invent yet another scheme) I use:

/etc/udev/rules.d/99-zzz-local.rules

ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="BACKUP", ENV{DKD_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"