Now with FC11 -- RE: FC10 install will not offer 'askmethod'

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Oct 29 23:12:19 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> On 10/29/2009 05:08 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> It is the FC11 CD 1 that I downloaded back in August.
>>>
>>> I hit tab, got the prompt for the image load (don't have it in front
>>> of me, so I don't have exact details), entered:
>>>
>>> <space>askmethod
>>>

>>> and pressed <enter> and it went on its merry way, not asking for any
>>> method....
>>>
>>> I can try again...
>>
>> And this time it 'worked'.
>>
>> Now I have to figure out how to deal with the small screen that the
>> Eee 701 has...
>>
> I hav a E 701, you won't have any problem , just be sure it's setup
> for 800x600.

Well I regularly did not see the bottom of the screen, and just 'knew'
to press <alt-N> to move to the next screen.  Fortunately all the
important stuff for Disk Druid is on the top.  But when it came to
custom software install, I could only unclick office productivity and go
with that, as the field for 'customize now' was off the screen, and I
did not remember what the keystroke for it is.

And isn't the E 701 800x480?