Fedora 11 GDM - unwanted list of all local users and impossible to customize?

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 1 02:50:37 UTC 2009

Greetings,

Believe me, I would love to get rid of the silly "Other..." entry, but I
have no idea how, aside from diving into the source code and commenting
it out.

As much as I love Fedora (I've been using it as my primary desktop since
it was Red Hat 7.2), it's really shocking that GDM has been so bad for
so long. The defaults are unusable for systems in a public setting, and
they hardly make sense for a personal system if one has any regard for
security or privacy.

I'm not a huge fan of Ubuntu, but GDM is one thing they got very right
compared to Fedora. Fedora Devs: Please, please, please fix it! :)

Aloha,
Chris