Am I being punished?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Sep 1 13:32:08 UTC 2009

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> So, when you installed Fedora, did you carefully uncheck that little box
> that says "System Clock uses UTC"? Windows does not really understand
> UTC or handle it very well. The solution is to go to the System -->
> Administration --> Date and Time application, click the Time Zone tab,
> uncheck the Clock Uses UTC box, click OK, reboot the machine, go into
> your BIOS and set the hardware clock correctly if need be. That should
> fix things.

This has been posted before...

There is a registry tweak for for XP so that you can have the
hardware clock set to UTC, and still have the time correctly
displayed for the time zone you have set. It is supposed to bother
some programs, but I have not run into any yet. (Then again, I don't
run XP that often.)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

Mikkel