Multiple IP addresses without aliasing?

Adam Hough adam at gradientzero.com
Wed Sep 2 07:14:49 UTC 2009

> But this is getting kind of silly.  My original question has been
> answered:  The Fedora network init scripts DO NOT support multiple IPs,
> end of story.

That all depends on what you consider multiple IPs.  You can do multiple ip
addresses on the same network card with ip aliasing but they would need to
be in the same subnet.  You could also use vlans to put multiple ip address
on a card with all the ip address going to different networks and you can
even aliases ip address to the vlaned ip addresses.  The init scripts will
start all of those up as well.

The only thing the init scripts seem to really fail at is bringing up a
bridge device that contains a bonded device as it forget to enable the
bonded slaves.  This is assuming you are not breaking the naming scheme of
the config files.