I'm impressed!

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Sep 4 15:35:00 UTC 2009

Just finished swapping in new motherboard with different chipset,
faster cpu (and more cores), more memory, etc.

Plugged the disks back in, and it just booted and worked
perfectly. I was expecting to have to fiddle initrd at
a minimum and perhaps even reinstall.

The most drastic thing I had to do was re-generate
the 70-persistent-cd.rules file since the dvd moved
to a different bus on the new motherboard.

Haven't yet tried booting all the different partitions
I have on this thing, but fedora 11 x86_64 survived the
transition like a champ!

Now I should be able to install a Windows XP kvm so
I don't need to boot a separate windows box when I need
windows.