openoffice.org crash on selecting text

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Sep 4 19:46:02 UTC 2009

openoffice.org-writer-3.1.1-19.1.fc11.i586

1) Open a document or create a new one.
2) Have at least one line of text. Any font. Any size.
3) Use your mouse to highlight (select) the whole first line of text.
4) Wait about 0.5 to 1 second... crash.

Selecting any other line or any other set of text does not result in a
crash. I've reproduced it about 10 times now with different fonts and
sizes and even across new and old documents (two year old ones). I don't
see any bugzilla reports for this, in fact I only see 7 total open (is
that right?) for oo.o.

I cannot reproduce this on a x86_64 machine so I'm not sure if it is
limited to 32-bit or just this one system's config.