stream goes broken when listening to some radio

jack craig jackc at linuxlighthouse.com
Sat Sep 5 16:10:07 UTC 2009

i use mplayer which in turn uses alsa audio/pulseaudio.

i get a counter that shows cache size and does, on occasion, run dry
making the stream stop.
when this happens, i find a message re: audio in the /var/log/messages file.

i suggest you look at this system log when you stream dies looking for
explicit clues.

then depending on what you see for a fact, decide your course of action.
swapping kernels on a whim seems like swatting at flies with a 12
gauge... :-\

FWIW, my fc10 seemed to work better, but my current fc11 has this
symptom too.

good luck, ...

--
    jack craig