Suddenly I can't play audio CDs in F11.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 7 20:38:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 10:08 -0700, Paul Erickson wrote:

> > Let us be clear. The complaints about CDs not playing were in gnome
> but:
> > audio CDs do not play in KDE either on the same machines and:
> > All was well until the July updates. It is the updates that broke
> the
> > system. In order to get yuutube, hulu, etc to work I had to remove
> > alsa-pulseaudio rpm, which had been updates in early July. But this
> did
> > not cure the audio CD problem.

Do theyy nor play if you open a audio player or do the icon doesw not
show up on the screen. If the latter here is the solution:

in bugzilla # 513495
Aram Agajanian poses a solution for the Audio CD problem and it works.

First you get udev-141-4.fc11.src.rpm from the link below.

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/udev/141/4.fc11/src/udev-141-4.fc11.src.rpm

Get the spec file with rpm -i udev-141-4.fc11.src.rpm

Remove patch4 from the spec file by commenting it out.
Do a rpmbuild -bp then a rpmbuild -bb
Install the files created (not the devel files) udev, udev-static
libudev0 and libvolume_id

Reboot and the Audio CD icon is back.

If it is the former try the following:
In /etc/pulse change in daemon.conf:; no-cpu-limit = yes

This is in GNOME

Don't hit me!! I'm in the Twilight Zone!!!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net