SELinux Exim Problem

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Sep 8 13:11:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 13:12 +0530, Didar Hossain wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Daniel J Walsh<dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

[snipped]

No, it's not just you. I upgraded my work PC yesterday from FC8 to F11.
I now see this problem.

> > Probably some api that exim is calling is looking at the mounted
> file systems which is causing it to look at /boot.
>
> Do you think we need a Bug filed for this? An MTA doing a "getattr" on
> /boot seems a little unnecessary to me.
>
> > I think we can allow this for now.

I pick up my mail using imaps both locally and remotely. To me this
'error' does not seem like correct behaviour; there is no need to look
at /boot at all. There are no accounts there, and no need to trawl
through / or the root directories. As to why it is doing it I have no
idea, but I would agree that it should be reported as a bug until
someone comes up with an explanation for it. I'll mention it on the Exim
mailing list to see if anyone there has an idea. I'll see if I can run
something locally to debug this.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001