Kernel update to issues

Prasan prasanhetti at
Tue Sep 8 18:06:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Jason Turning<jturning at> wrote:
> I did the update to kernel today, noticed there were
> updates to pulse audio, and when I rebooted wireless didn't work and I heard
> these loud sound pops, one at boot, one at login, so I just reverted back to
> the previous kernel. Anyone having similar issues?

In my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop With this new kernel I also have popping sound from speakers during
boot and randomly after logged in.

When I boot from older 2.6.29 kernel everything works and pulseaudio
skype 2.1 problem is also solved.

My alsa-info profile (taken from older 2.6.29 kernel since I don't
have new kmod-wl for 2.6.30 kernel) is given here