flash cookies

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Tue Sep 8 18:34:51 UTC 2009

Les wrote:
> Have all of you seen this:
> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=2299&tag=nl.e036
> It appears that Adobe flash can generate its own form of cookie and even
> respawn HTTP cookies after your browser closes.
> I don't know yet if this affects our Fedora machines, but what a sneaky
> piece of crap.

I've heard them referred to as "pies".  They maintain copies of cookies
which are then used to restore them after they have been deleted.

Same attitude in Redmond.  They think *they* own *your* computer.

You can always run your browser in a virtual machine and discard any
changes when you shut the virtual machine down.