Completely broken Info reader

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 04:43:18 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 07:51 PM, stan wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 18:34:27 -0700
> Suvayu Ali<fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 12:04 PM, stan wrote:

>>> I use pinfo instead of info and it seems to be working all right.
>>>

>> Thank you for this tip. I will try to get used to using this for now.
>>

> I find that I prefer pinfo.  Using the arrow keys to move around and
> being able to follow links easily enhances my info experience.   Reminds
> me of using lynx.
>
> In a console, I tried info on bash and was able to view the introduction
> page without any problems.  I don't use it enough for the navigation
> keys to be familiar for me, so I didn't really exercise it.  Then I
> looked at the info for info and had no problems either.  I think it
> must be something on your system, not something general.

Thank you Stan for the reply. I tried removing info but it takes with it
about 877 dependencies so i tried `yum reinstall info' instead. I still
have that problem.

Are you using 32 bit Fedora? As it mentions on Bug 515402 [1] its
specific to 64 bit systems. What could be the proper way to try to track
down this problem? I'm rather used to the emacs like bindings... :-/

[1]https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/texinfo-4.13a-4.fc11

--
Suvayu