Automatic page numbering in OpenOffice

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri Sep 11 23:30:15 UTC 2009

gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> Sometimes OpenOffice reminds me of the bad old days of WordPerfect.
> Everything is so complicated, even though the document formatting I need
> is just elementary.
>
> For now, all I want to do is set automatic page numbering in the x/y
> format, e.g.: 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, etc., for every new document I create.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks!

I'm not sure whether there is any way to set this up automatically other
than creating a document or document template which you open for each
new document you start.  Insert footer, then click within the footer,
set centered line justification, insert field page, type '/', insert
field page count.

Chris