Kernel update to 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.x86_64 issues

Prasan prasanhetti at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 11:43:55 UTC 2009

> I updated to the same kernel as well. I am not running wireless, but I
> am getting the loud speaker pops at login. The pops also happen when
> starting playback in Banshee 1.4.3. It doesn't happen between tracks,
> just when starting an initial playlist.

I also have this sound popping issue in new kernel. Apart from that I
found that my audio input from built-in microphone in my Dell Inspiron
laptop also does not work in any application  in both new
2.6.30.5-43.fc11.x86_64 kernel and the old 2.6.29 kernel. (arecord,
gstreamer-properties, skype etc..). But in the 2.6.29 kernels sound
popping is not there.

Here is my alsa-info profile.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=3b1e182bec5d61aec5af6a8b687d2efa6b167233