Guess who's right behind Ubuntu at Distrowatch

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sat Sep 12 16:22:41 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:
>>> ... And they use deb-packages - there's no yum.
>
> They guys who have to actually package up our software at work
> consider that an advantage. From the practical complications
> involved in packaging, they say deb packages are infinitely easier
> to understand and generate than rpms.

That's simply opinion, just as I feel that packaging rpms is
infinitely easier than packaging debs.  I've done a bit of both and I
would take a single spec file anyday over the much higher number of
files involved in created anything more than a dirt-simple deb
package. :)

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a
warning to others.
    -- Demotivators (www.despair.com)