Battery - Control Screen brightness

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Sep 13 15:36:14 UTC 2009

  Gnome - F11. When I unplug and go on battery - the screen dims. The
power applet for non-battery has a slider for screen brightness. The
battery tab only has a button to click to dim screen - i have that set
to no.

  Yet - when I go on power the screen dims. Is there a slider somewhere
to set screen brightness when on battery ? If not - is there a gnome
registery setting ?

   The hardware laptop brightness has no further effect - pressing it
shows the brightness to full - clearly it is not. As soon as I plug
power back in the screen gets brighter.

  Thanks for help.

gene/