Kernel update to issues

Jason Turning jturning at
Sun Sep 13 16:25:30 UTC 2009

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 09/07/2009 01:04 PM, Jason Turning wrote:
>> I did the update to kernel today, noticed
>> there were
>> updates to pulse audio, and when I rebooted wireless didn't work and I
>> heard
>> these loud sound pops, one at boot, one at login, so I just reverted
>> back to
>> the previous kernel. Anyone having similar issues?
> What wireless chip do you have? We need more info besides "it doesn't
> work." :)

Broadcom, and I think I saw the update for that package, so it was just a bit
behind the kernel. But from the other reports of popping, I still haven't
fiddled with the new kernel as I haven't been using this laptop very much. The
first thing I had done was edit grub to always pull the older kernel.

Jason Turning