Fedora 10: No sound! How to make it to default drivers

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 21:10:30 UTC 2009

Jwalant Natvarlal Soneji wrote:
> By mistake I have installed drivers that do not work, and my good working
> drivers are gone.
> Now, how to reach to default situation?

Erm – how did you install the drivers? If you ran a program that you
downloaded from a manufacturer’s web site, then it could have done
anything to your system. Installing a new kernel may not be sufficient,
since it may have mucked up your user space, too.

Does the web site have any “uninstall” options?

It’s possible that the manufacturer may have messed up your install
to the point that it’s going to be difficult to recover it.

If you want to experiment, you could run rpm -Va and see which files
have been modified…

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | ... clueless he is not. He's just selective about which
aprilcottage.co.uk | clues to pay attention to.