KDM not reloading after log out

Jose Noto praelet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 07:16:28 UTC 2009

Hi everybody!

I am having troubles with KDM after logging out of gnome/kde. I am basically
getting a black screen or if I am logged on in a tty, I am getting that tty
and kdm is not reloading. The only work around is killing the kdm process
and then it will restart automatically.

I am using Fedora 11 and the only error message that I can see on
/var/log/messages is :

*[kdm3994] Unknown session exit code 0 (sig 6) from manager process*

After searching for solutions, I just found out that there are some issues
with ati o nvidia drivers, but my card is Intel and one of the solutions is
editing the kdmrc file in /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc and include "*
TerminateServer=true*" . I could not find this file but I've tried editing
the /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc , /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc and even creating the
file missing, but nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions would be great.

Many thanks in advance,

Jose