F11: keyboard issues after upgrade: GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla and keyboard preferences

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Sep 15 22:29:56 UTC 2009

Hello Rodrigo,

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:06:06 -0300 Rodrigo Renault <rodrigolrenault at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/9/9 wwp <subscript at free.fr>
>

> > Should I defined this GTK_IM_MODULE higher in the system config?
> >

>  Take a look at your "/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/none.conf" file, find the
> GTK_IM_MODULE line.
>  It must receive your cedilla immodule as value
> "GTK_IM_MODULE=gtk-im-cedilla".

I edited my /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/none.conf to be:
XIM=none
XIM_PROGRAM=
XIM_ARGS=
#GTK_IM_MODULE=gtk-im-context-simple
GTK_IM_MODULE=gtk-im-cedilla
QT_IM_MODULE=xim
IMSETTINGS_IGNORE_ME=yes

Then rebooted. No change, '+c is still ć in GNOME/GTK+ apps. Fine in
apps made upon other toolkits (Qt, Tk, lesstif).

BTW, does "IMSETTINGS_IGNORE_ME=yes" tells that it will ignore the
GTK_IM_MODULE I previously set in ~/.bash_profile?

Regards,

--
wwp